Register to place business with bmsolutions:
*Please select that you are a PMS Mortgage Club member when registering, placing business or checking existing payment route to ensure you receive the procuration fee quoted by PMS.
BM Solutions – Portfolio Landlords
At BM solutions, we know whether you are a BTL specialist or only write the occasional case, this can be a very complex area to navigate for brokers due to the amount of information lenders ask for and in different ways in order to assess the portfolio and make a lending decision.
On top of this complexity, if cases aren’t submitted in the right way with all of the correct information at the right time this can also cause lengthy delays in getting that all important customer decision and the case to offer.
That is why at BM solutions we are looking at ways to help improve this journey for you and your clients to get better outcomes more quickly.
Please use our Portfolio Landlord checklist when submitting cases to us. By making sure you have followed all of these steps on every case you could take days off the overall processing time of your application.
In addition to the completing the checklist for Portfolio Landlord cases please also see the section on ‘How to complete a Portfolio Landlord form’. This contains a link to the BM Solutions Mortgage Portal which needs to be used for submission of all Portfolio Landlord cases by following the instructions. There is also a link to a short video showing you how to complete this section if you’d prefer.
Portfolio Landlord checklist
Once you have submitted your application, you must immediately complete the following steps:-
- Upload the documents that are listed in the “Summary” and “Next Steps” section on BM Solutions Online.
- All documents, apart from completing the Portfolio Landlord section, should be uploaded under the “Upload Documents” tab on BM Solutions Online – this will include full proof of income for your applicant(s).
- All sources of income must be declared in your application, especially land and property income. If you haven’t keyed these, now is a good time to add these to the application. Please upload proof of all sources of income as keyed in the application. For example; if your client is employed as well as having land and property income, we need to see most recent payslip and most recent tax year overviews and tax calculations.
- Where the client has limited company BTLs in their portfolio, please upload the most recent mortgage statement for these (or mortgage offer if they completed in the last 12 months).
- We require the Portfolio Landlord section to be completed via the Mortgage Portal -see guidance below on how to submit this correctly, as failure to do so will delay the processing of your application.
Portfolio Landlord form – how to complete
This needs to be completed via the Mortgage Portal. This can be accessed via the link below.
BM Solutions Mortgage Portal
A short video is available showing how to complete this section; or follow instructions below.
- Once you have logged in, click on “new application” and then enter the application number and clients names (you must remove the special characters e.g. 60/12345678-1 would be 60123456781)
- Once you have created a new case, you will see a button “Portfolio Landlord”. You must select this option to complete the form.
- To complete the form use the “Add” buttons on the right hand side and work your way through the options to complete details in ALL of the sections.
- Once you have completed this make sure you select “Validate” and then “Submit”.
- If the submit button is greyed out, there are errors on your form. After you have validated the form any errors will be highlighted in red. Just click any red boxes and amend the error, validate again and then submit.
Our dedicated case handlers from our BM Portfolio Team will be in touch to help progress your case. Should you need to speak to them direct, then please contact 0345 602 0914, they are open Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm.