Applications accepted up to 95% LTV across England and Wales.
Properties located in Scotland, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man will not be accepted.
Minimum value £75,000 (increasing to £250,000 for properties located within the M25 corridor).
Register to place business with Tipton & Coseley Building Society:
*Please select that you are a PMS Mortgage Club member when registering, placing business or checking existing payment route to ensure you receive the procuration fee quoted by PMS.
The Tipton and Coseley Building Society affordability calculator provides you with an indication of how much they may be prepared to lend your customers.
It is designed for guidance purposes only, actual loan amounts are subject to their usual underwriting requirements and credit check.
Reasons to talk to the Tipton:
- They do not credit score applications
- They do not operate a call centre
- Easy access to decision makers
- Common sense approach to underwriting
Unique selling points:
- Mortgage Surgery: Our mortgage underwriters host a daily Mortgage Surgery, allowing our Intermediary Support Team to discuss any non standard cases. This means we can get an initial decision on your complex cases within 24 hours (all before a DIP has been submitted). Simply call us on 0121 521 4000 to discuss your case.
- Credit Scoring: Our manual underwriting process means that we can consider each case on its own merits, rather than using computer based decision making systems.
- Later Life / RIO Mortgages: If your clients are looking to borrow into/during their retirement, our Later Life and RIO mortgage ranges are available to help. We will also consider lending on purpose built retirement properties.
- Contractors: We will now underwrite long term subcontractors on an employed basis, using gross income to determine their maximum level of borrowing. We also have criteria in place to assist those on short term renewable contracts.
- Self Employed Applicants: Our lending criteria allows us to consider applications from sole traders, partners and limited company directors. Subject to acceptable proof of income.
- For more information about The Tipton and our lending criteria, visit our website at www.thetipton.co.uk/intermediaries
You don’t need to register with us until you’re ready to submit your first application.
We recommend you submit a Decision in Principle (DIP) initially, to allow us to make an initial assessment on the case. You can download a DIP by clicking here.
When you’re ready to submit an application, please complete our online application form on our website. Alternatively, you can use our paper form and send a scanned copy to us at [email protected].
For further details, please click here.