Post Code Restrictions:
Property must be located in England and Wales.
Scotland & Northern Ireland are not considered.
Landlords of property in Wales must be registered with Rent Smart Wales (with the exception of short term let applications).
Register to place business with Foundation Home Loans:
*Please select that you are a PMS Mortgage Club member when registering, placing business or checking existing payment route to ensure you receive the procuration fee quoted by PMS.
Foundation – the home of specialist mortgages
What Foundation is good at:
- Residential mortgages for borrowers with complex income, employment or credit history
- Buy-to-let mortgages for landlords, portfolios and limited companies
- Specialist property types including HMOs and multi-unit blocks
Visit the Foundation website
Foundation Home Loans for specialist residential
Not every case is straightforward, or ordinary. Some clients have circumstances that are a bit more, well, extraordinary.
That is where we can help. Whether it is a client who has recently changed jobs, is self-employed, has income from unusual sources, or some blips on their credit record, we can help.
There is a wide choice of products and flexible criteria to suit a range of extraordinary circumstances.
Reasons to use Foundation for your next specialist residential case:
- • Self-employed – directors, partners and contractors; retained profits considered
• Employed - no minimum term in current job (minimum 3 months employed)
• Clients with multiple and unusual income sources
• Holders of credit blips / lower credit scores
• Eligible Professionals looking for up to 6 x income
- Maximum loan £2m
- Maximum term 40 years
- Maximum age 75 at end of term
- No minimum income
- Maximum number of applicants is 4 (immediate family)
- Capital and repayment mortgages up to 90% LTV
- Interest only, affordability calculated on an interest only basis up to 70% LTV
- Capital raising for buy to let purchase accepted
- A part and part mortgage up to 80% LTV
- Green mortgages for properties with EPC rating A-C, in both the buy to let and residential ranges
Jump to Foundation Home Loans residential products and criteria
Why use Foundation for your next BTL case?
- • Individual or limited company
• Limited companies with complex structures
• Up to 4 directors
• Newly incorporated limited companies acceptable
• No minimum term of employment/self-employment and no minimum income
• First time landlords considered
• Ex-pats considered as individuals or limited companies
- • Loans up to £2m on core range
• ICR of 125% for limited company borrowers and basic rate taxpayers and 145% for others
• No limit to portfolio size, subject to maximum borrowing of £5m with Foundation
- • Specialist properties such as HMOs, short term lets and Multi Unit Blocks
• HMOs: up to 8 bedrooms and MUBs: up to 10 units
• Green Mortgages available for purchase and remortgage
Jump to Foundation Home Loans’ buy to let products and criteria
Foundation Home Loans is the home of specialist buy to let and residential mortgage lending. With over 300 members of staff, and dedicated regional account managers and internal business development managers, we offer support to you throughout all the stages of your clients’ application. Intermediaries tell us they like our easy-to-use portal and flexible underwriting. It’s our aim to be the most trusted lender in the specialist sector so contact us for support throughout our underwriting process.
The online portal for easy case submission
Register with Foundation here
Our online broker portal makes submitting a case quick and simple. If you already have a login, just click here to get started. If you don’t have a login, click here to complete the registration form. Registration will happen within 24 hours (weekdays only). If there is an urgent case you wish to discuss, please call our sales team between 9am-5:30pm Mon-Fri on 0344 770 8032.
At Foundation Home Loans, we believe that it’s our relationships with brokers which are key to business success. We love to talk a case through so find your regional Account Manager here or contact our Internal Business Development Managers on 0344 770 8032.
Follow us for the latest updates