Register to place business with Kent Reliance:
*Please select that you are a PMS Mortgage Club member when registering, placing business or checking existing payment route to ensure you receive the procuration fee quoted by PMS.
Products and Criteria
Our flexible, common-sense approach means we’re ready to tackle a diverse range of different borrowing needs. Here are just a few example of how we could support your clients.
Buy to Let Mortgages
Whether they’re a first-time investor or an experienced limited company landlord, our buy to let range features products to suit any property type, which could make it easier for you to place your cases.
- First-time landlords - We accept HMO applications for properties with up to six bedrooms, and loans with just a 20% deposit are available to help aspiring landlords buy their first HMO.
- Personal ownership landlords - We accept consumer buy to let applications. We don’t require experienced landlords to have their own residential property.
- Limited company landlords - We accept intercompany loans, shareholder deposits and director loans as deposits. We also accept newly formed SPVs and LLPs and don’t apply specific SIC code requirements.
- Portfolio landlords – There’s there’s no limit on the number or value of properties mortgaged with us and we don’t set a limit on the size or value of existing portfolios held with other lenders.
- HMO/MUFB landlords - We’ll consider properties with up to 10 bedrooms or units, as well as applications with multiple units on a single freehold.
From clients with a multi-source income to newly qualified professionals, we cut through the complexity to provide residential mortgage solutions for even the most complex of scenarios. Here are just a few of the different client types we could help.
- Multi-source income - We consider 100% of secondary income in many scenarios and accept multi-source income from employment, self-employment or a combination of both.
- Entrepreneurs - We accept earnings from professional landlords as a full-time income source. We’ll also consider properties bought for cash and renovated to increase their value for remortgaging within six months of ownership, providing this can be fully evidenced.
- Self-employed - We accept applications with a minimum of one year’s accounts and can work on a projection for year two based on an uplift of up to 30% of the first year’s figures.
- High net worth income - No maximum loan amount options available and complex income sources such as sportspersons, musicians and actors are understood and considered.
- Newly qualified professionals – No maximum loan amount at 90% LTV and loans up to £1.5 million at 95% LTV available. We can consider lending up to £1 million at up to 100% market share value on our shared ownership products.
As part of the wider OSB Group, our sales team has joined forces with the business development managers from Precise Mortgages to create one dual-branded team.
As experts in what both brands can offer, the team is able to provide you with even more support, further enhancing the service we can provide to you and your customers.
So whether you want to communicate with the team face-to-face, or prefer to speak to us via telephone, video conferencing or webchat, get in touch and find out how we could help.
We believe that criteria is only the starting point of a conversion. Even if your case doesn’t quite fit our standard criteria, our team is more than happy to discuss what options are available.
Book a BDM appointment
Click here to arrange a meeting with your local BDM
As well as providing a range of flexible products to help you meet your clients’ buy to let and residential needs, we also offer a range of additional resources to help you deliver on your cases.
- Online criteria guide - Created with brokers in mind, our fully searchable guide is the ideal way to find the information you need as quickly as possible.
- Insights and events - The latest insights and opinions on the specialist market from internal stakeholders
- Online calculators - Find out how much your buy to let or residential customer could borrow.
- BDM finder – Locate your essential local point of contact and discover how they could help you place your cases.
Getting in touch
If you have any questions about our buy to let or residential product ranges, or want to find out more about how else we can support you, please speak to your business development manager.
You can also contact our broker liaison team by calling 01634 835791 or chatting to them via Live Chat.