Register to place business with Harpenden Building Society:
*Please select that you are a PMS Mortgage Club member when registering, placing business or checking existing payment route to ensure you receive the procuration fee quoted by PMS.
We make the complex more simple.
Our policy of lending to people in different types of employment has kept pace in an ever-changing environment. We therefore lend to people who are employed, self-employed, retired and contractors.
We pride ourselves on being flexible and accommodating to the changing nature of income. We consider many income sources when determining mortgage affordability. These include salary, bonus and commission, self-employed income, pension and investment or trust income.
We aim to make complex mortgages simpler. Our pragmatic and sensible approach ensures a mortgage application is individually assessed using common-sense.
How we can help:
- We take an individual approach to your application
- No use of over-mechanical, tick-box credit scoring
- An individually-assessed, common-sense approach
- We take a flexible view on the merits of your case
- No upper age restriction and up to 4 borrowers per application
- We have clear, fair and transparent charges
- We look at many types of income when assessing affordability
- We’re quick in processing mortgage applications - an agreement to a loan in principle within 48 hours